My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Day of a Dozen Things

Whew!  Busy day.  And looking around the house, it looks like I haven't accomplished a damn thing.

Days like this I like to call the Day of a Dozen Things.  It's the day where you finally get around to doing all of those little things that have been stacking up.  All those things that you keep meaning to do but somehow find that another day has gone by in which you did not in fact do the thing.

My day of a dozen things included:
  • Picking up prescriptions
  • Picking up packing tape
  • Ordered boxes and stamps from the post office
  • Deposited a check
  • Put the laundered puppy pads where they belong instead of hanging over the sink
  • Laundry (Keith did most of it, but I remembered the bathmat!)
  • Put the shelves back in place that were used at the craft fair
  • Contacted customers about their pottery being ready
  • Remade some test tiles for glazes I want to double check
  • Organized the glaze area a little bit
  • Made the phone calls necessary to figure out how to submit a bunch of medical claims
  • Prepared the paperwork for the medical claims (have to wait for them to send me papers for prescription claims)
  • Told Cosmo I'm no longer a Cosmo girl and to cancel my subscription.  What can I say, I'm just no longer interested in the 13 moves he can't resist.
  • Called my Wednesday video client to confirm
  • Cleaned my Oct and Nov 2010 video footage archives of materials I'm no longer required to keep
  • Looked at a couple of bank accounts and panicked.  Not very useful, but it needs to be done every so often.
  • Put roll of paper towels on paper towel holder
  • Moved some pottery tools into the pottery studio
And I'm gonna admit it.  Half of these things I did while in the middle of writing this list specifically so I would get more done and make the list more impressive.

On my next day of a dozen things:
  • Figure out just what exactly is piled on the dresser and where that stuff is supposed to live
  • Find a place for my giant rolls of bubble wrap to live
  • Get the rest of my pottery listed for sale before I get yet another kiln load of product to deal with
  • Start website for pottery to supplement my Artfire site.
  • Beg everyone who reads this blog to purchase their Christmas presents from my Artfire site.  Oh, I guess I can cross that off the list now huh?
  • Determine what I want to make consistently and get my shop filled up with that stuff
  • Figure out how to best use the rolling cart that KM gave me
  • Figure out where my shipping boxes should live
  • Clear out the shelves in my office of crap that no one needs
  • Catch up on my shredding of documents that have account numbers on them
  • Figure out how to ship this big ass vase so I can finally list it for sale
Wheeeee!

2 comments:

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.