My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Still at 10

I have my appointment time for transfer.  1:30pm on Tuesday which is day 5.

So today is day 3 and I got an embryo update.  And I'm gobsmacked.  All 10 are still going strong, 8 or 9 cells each and looking exactly how you want them to look on day 3.  All rated as "good" quality.

Gotta say, I wasn't expecting that.  I was expecting maybe about half of them to be looking good and half to be looking a little questionable.  We can't expect them all to make it to blasts, but looking at them, he can't pick out any that he would predict to be the losers.

Before we learned how many eggs were retrieved, I somehow had my mind set on and hoping for a total of 8 transferable embryos.  2 for this attempt and 6 to put on ice.  As soon as I learned that we had less eggs than last time, I started hoping for 4, maybe 5.  But wow, we might actually get the 8!!!  How awesome would that be?

I'm bouncing off the walls, and then feeling a bit nauseous from the various chemicals in my body.  Getting my hopes up WAYYYYYY too high right now!

7 comments:

  1. That is incredible! That is a great sign that they'll implant well, too, if they are looking this good (knock on wood).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, that's awesome news!!! I'm giddy for you! KMFX that they continue to divide and develop right on schedule so you can have the added insurance of frosties for later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm so happy for you. I hope they all make it to blasts. I mean that would be so cool and you'd have more for another try after your beautiful baby/ies are born this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great numbers!!!!! Thinking good thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is NO SUCH THING as hopes too high. Keep you body happy and thinking positively through the transfer- it's gotta be a good sign, right?

    Thinking good thoughts~

    ReplyDelete
  6. HELL YEAH. I'm excited. Keep up the good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOHOO!!!! Sending good vibes for more good news!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.