My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Friday, October 21, 2011

On your mark

Out of the 14 eggs that were gathered, 10 were mature and all 10 fertilized.  So we currently have 10 Maybies sitting in a petri dish.

I only vaguely recall my numbers from last time.  I want to say that 19 eggs were gathered, 17 were mature, 12 fertilized, and 5 made it to either transfer or freeze.

So we may have started with smaller numbers, but our ratio of survivors seems much higher this time.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! That's great news! So...embryo transfer for Sunday or Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is fantastic news!
    Plus - Maybies: Best. Word. Ever.
    Crossing all fingers and toes!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.