My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Nothing good happens before 11am

For those of you who don't know me, I have the luxury of being able to sleep until 11am most days.

Today was not one of those days.

I got up at 9am because today is medication delivery day.  And since they need a signature and I need to refrigerate some stuff, I had to be awake all day to hear them knock.

And for those of you who don't know my cats, one of them can be a real jerk.  Some days he decides that the litterbox just isn't for him, only the carpet will do.

Today was not one of those days.  Today, he chose to pee on the pad that we have just outside the box.  You know, the plastic mat that's put down to catch all the stray litter.

Well ok, if you're gonna be a jerk and miss the box, peeing on the plastic mat is probably my second choice.  So I get up and grab some paper towels and a plastic bag and soak up a bunch of pee.  I put the urine soaked paper towels into the plastic bag and fold the mat in half and pick it up so I can rinse it off in the big laundry room sink.

Guess who grossly underestimated the amount of urine hiding in that mat?  Guess who learned that she had grossly underestimated the amount of urine in the mat by realizing that there was a stream of it leaking out behind her as she walked through the entire carpeted living room?  And guess who's mother with the most sensitive nose on the planet will be coming by in 2 hours to work on some video stuff?

My cat didn't pee all over the carpet, oh no, he set it up to make sure that I would do it for him.

Oh yeah, I know, you are so jealous of my life right now.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm not :) But I have a 15 year old cat that pees n poops wherever she likes, so I feel your pain. The upstairs hallway smells vaguely like urine but not in any specific area. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it wasn't funny when it happened, but the good news is it made for a hilarious blog post!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are days were I can just picture the cat hiding behind something laughing when it does that. I used to be owned by two cats.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.