My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Final Embryo Count

Got the final update today on what we got from this round.  And the total is 5, just like last time.  I've got 2 of them floating around in me now, 3 went on ice, and we still have 1 frostie from our first attempt.  So I have this attempt, and 2 more in the bank.

I was really hoping to get three attempts in the bank.  I know that these numbers are actually really, really good, and the quality of the embryos is really, really high, but like everyone else in the world, I wanted more.  I just can't help but be scared that it's not enough.  What if none of them ever take, or what of some of them become pregnancies that don't make it to term?  Will I feel like I did enough to be able to walk away from IVF without regrets?  I just don't know.

But we're not focusing on that right now.  We're focusing on my swimming Maybies!

Aren't they cute?


And because I'm like every other IVF patient in the world, I'm imagining all sorts of twinges and pangs that can be interpreted as something but are likely nothing.  Had some sharp pangs on my lower left yesterday and right now I'm experiencing some pangs on my upper right.  I'm 1dp5dt.  That's waaaaaayyyy too early for implant, right?  They still need another day of swimming, right?

I wish these pangs could reasonably be interpreted as implantation.  Cuz if they could, that would mean that both are implanting on complete opposite corners of the uterus which would be fabulous.  But I'm not deluded enough to think that it's real.  Psychosomatic I'm sure (she says fishing for someone to tell her otherwise).

K is being totally supportive.  He's doing all the laundry and the dishes so that I don't have to lift or bend.  And when I can start doing pottery again (the position I sit in while doing kind of crunches the core so it will be a few days), he's going to put a bag of clay up on the table for me every morning so I can just cut off what I need without having to lift it.  And he's going to help me unload the kiln tomorrow or Friday when it's ready to be unloaded.  I was smart, I loaded the kiln the day before transfer except for the top level so that I wouldn't have to do it after the transfer.

Ok, now that I've completed the second half of IVF, I'll need to write another IVF Random Tips posts.  Please ask me your questions or submit your tips so I can get them included!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I understand being a little disappointed, but at the same time, how cool that you'll have two frozen attempts left! Today would be Day 6, right? I thought implantation could start on day 6, so it's possible you're feeling something, but then again, that darned progesterone does like to simultaneously mimic both pregnancy and premenstrual symptoms...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it is indeed day 6 those twinges could be implantation tweeks. Everything crossed!!!

    I don't blame you for wanting more. We all want more. FETs are so much easier to handle than fresh IVF cycles, and so much less expensive. I hope that this cycle works for every reason, but especially because frozen embryos created in a cycle where you get pregnant (whether it brings you a live baby or not) have a much higher rate of success. Your embies look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may not be psychosomatic! Here's hoping you're feeling the real deal!!! The picture is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.