My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Get set

Did the transfer today.  And for some reason, I don't have a whole lot to say about it.

We transferred 2 embryos and the embryologist said they looked as good as they could possibly look.  They were exactly what you want to see.  Yay!

Here are my current embryo numbers -

1 frozen from the last attempt
1 frozen from this attempt
2 transferred and currently swimming around looking for something to grab onto
2 that look awesome and will likely freeze tomorrow
4 that are 50/50 at the moment.  They could be totally awesome tomorrow for freeze, or they might go south, there's simply no predicting.
1 that's still alive but will most likely be discarded.

So out of the 10 mature eggs that we got, I still have 10 embryos!  And there's every chance that as many of 9 of them will look good enough to try to become babies at some point.

Cross your fingers that 6 more make it to freeze tomorrow.  I want as many attempts in the bank as possible because I never want to do this again and I never want to worry that if I had tried harder, more attempts, maybe the outcome would have been different.

If I have 2 inside me, and 8 Maybies on ice, then it would take me a solid year or two of trying before I used all of them up.  By then I would be 38 and I could walk away.  If I can't create children from ages 34-38 with perfect embryos and every chance of it happening on my side, it will be pointless to try this again between the ages of 38-40.

Ok, now we wait for the GO so we can start jumping some hurdles on the way to the finish line.

PS - I'll post the embryo picture, but I think it's in K's pocket and he's grocery shopping.

6 comments:

  1. Yay for perfect looking embies on board!!!! Woot! You're officially PUPO :)

    What great embryos you have there. (knock on wood). I hope you never have to do this again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for so many good frozen ones! yay for transfer... boo at 2WW... but better to be in it than not (like me, I'm in the 8WW currently)

    when's your beta?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congarts on being PUPO! Let's hope the 2WW passes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for perfect embryos swimming around!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.