My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Prepregnancy pregnant feelings

I triggered last night.  And in a cruel twist of irony, the clinic made me take a pregnancy test this morning to ensure that the Hcg absorbed.  Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of cruel to make an infertile take a pregnancy test and see a positive result when we know full well that we're not actually pregnant?  I do.

Ok, I'm putting this out there because I'm having pregnancy symptoms related to the Hcg shot that I would have interpreted differently if I were actually pregnant.

I'm bloated.  My lower abdomen definitely feels larger and a bit firmer than it was yesterday.  And I'm getting little stabbing pains, well not pains exactly, discomforts I guess, in that line of the crotch from front to back.

If I were pregnant, I would attribute this discomfort to the extra weight of a baby pushing down on those muscles and ligaments but since I'm not, I guess those are pains from the hormone itself.

I don't have a whole lot to say about it, but just putting it out there so newly pregnant people have the benefit of knowing what some of their discomforts are from.  I'm in the rare position of having the hormone in my body without an embryo growing so I figured I should allow others the benefit of my current knowledge.

But yeah, I just readjusted in my chair where you lift yourself up and plop yourself back down and it kind of sent a bit of mild shock through my crotch and tush.  So early pregnant people, if you feel that, it's not you causing an impact on your baby, it's something about the Hcg hormone that's causing it.

And I'm feeling a little sick.  Nothing severe.  Just enough that it's like I can't figure out what kind of food will make it go away.  Am I hungry?  Did I eat too much?  Have I had too much sugar today?  Would plain toast make the oogies go away?  Not sure.

And my butt feels all bruised from the injection site.

7 comments:

  1. Let me know how your retrieval goes. I'm cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear...and that's without adding the fabulous progesterone-in-oil shots and their super awesome hormones yet. (They do make you do those, too, right?)

    I agree that it's cruel to make you do a pregnancy test to check for hCG. Where exactly do they think it would go? I've never heard of that before.

    When's egg retrieval, tomorrow? Do they do a 3- or 5-day transfer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks for that Alex. It really made me feel better.
    Hope you have a smooth retrieval and all goes well! Crossing all fingers and toes!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep us posted! I hope this is the cycle that gives you the baby/babies you've always wanted. Then you can stop and eat the brownies... or was it smell...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not the HCG making you feel this way, it's the fluid in your abdomen and your swollen ovaries. You're about ready to pop, woman! I hope this means you are going to get a boat load of beautiful eggs!

    My clinic tests the HcG all the time, they checked mine today. They never tell me the results so it doesn't make a difference to me either way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I would be pissed if they did that to me.

    Good luck, I'm a new lurker beginning this journey too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My go-to food when I feel all icky is grilled cheese.
    I could live on grilled cheese.

    When do they do the retrieval?

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.