My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Beyonce

Congrats girlfriend.

Dear "serious" news outlets,

I don't give a hoot about Beyonce or the VMA's or any of that crap.  Yes, it's lovely that a happily married woman is going to increase the size of her family.  But when I'm watching coverage of hurricane Irene's carnage, do you have to show me the beaming, gorgeous woman rubbing her baby bump?  Seriously, she is doing it so all the photographers can get a good shot and it's a bit cheesy.

When I finally have a bump, would you be so kind as to send camera crews and thousands of audience members to my house to applaud and tell me how wonderful it is?  Because if it actually happens here, it's an accomplishment worthy of some frikkin applause.

Sincerely,

Your favorite FUBAR'ed infertile

4 comments:

  1. I literally laughed out loud when I read this. I'll clap really, really loudly when you have a bump AND tell you how wonderful it is. Does that count? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah. I'm glad I'm not the only one throwing up in my mouth a little at the sight of Beyonce rubbing her bump. I suppose its time for the newest round of celebrity baby announcements -- the one that bothered me the most was Hilary Duff. Isn't she like, 12?

    Anyway -- sorry to vanish off the grid lately. You're still in my thoughts every day. How's the diet coming?

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, you'r so funny. I can't stop laughing at this

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.