My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

One Year, Eleven Weeks

A year ago, I experienced the worst day of my life.  And oddly, I'm not really feeling it today.  I expected to be more emotional but I'm fairly blase so far.  I reserve the right to retract that and become a blubbering mess at any point of course.

Woke up early and had some orange juice because the sugar in orange juice makes babies wiggle.  I wanted to see as much movement as I could on the ultrasound.

Ok, so here's what's going on in there.  We have heartbeats of 161/164 and measurements of 11w0d/10w6d.  No, I didn't keep track of which numbers went with which baby.  As long as they're healthy and pretty much even, I don't worry about those details.

BUT, and with this pregnancy, there seems to always be a "but", I still have a decent sized blood clot that could bleed again.  I've gone 10 days without a bleed, which is a record, and we'll just have to see if that trend continues.  I was really hoping to see the hematoma all cleared up and no longer an issue, but no, it's still there.  It's not a disaster, and it's really fairly small, people have had a lot worse throughout their entire healthy pregnancies, so I just have to hope for the best.

So just as with every other appointment, I'm told that I have 2 healthy babies, but a blood clot to go with them, and we'll just have to wait and see.

Here's the best screen capture I could get that showed both babies and the blood clot all in one.  The main blood clot that they measured is that little dark spot at the top of the circled area.  I'm not 100% certain that the rest of those spots are clots, they might be something to do with the cervix.



Ok, pictures are great, but what we really want is VIDEO!!!  Here's the best 90 seconds or so of babies wiggling.


Ladies, please remember, for your own internet safety, edit your pictures and videos to crop out your personal information that's often splayed across the top of your ultrasound.  

12 comments:

  1. I love the video! so amazing! Thanks so much for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, I'm very glad everything went well this morning. I'm still thinking about you and your girls today, hoping the day brings some peace with it despite the absolute horror you underwent a year ago.

    Good tip about cropping the u/s photos, too. It seems like so many women forget their SSNs are often typed across the top for the world to see, not to mention their full names and clinic names. I can't watch the videos until tonight, but look forward to seeing your babes dancing away, and hope to see babes of my own in a month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so big already! And the video is absolutely amazing!!!

    I know that having another pregnancy doesn't change the pain that you've been through. I'm thinking of you and your girls today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH! i have never before seen a video. thank you so much for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Those look like two healthy little kiddos that you've got in there! Awesome news on this day of all days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing the video. It was just beautiful. I am so happy you got good news today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhhh your video is so cute!!! glad to hear they are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look so happy to have the orange juice I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing video!!! I have never seen a sonogram before, just the still pictures. I can't believe how much they move! They're basically having a disco party in your uterus!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was on the July 2012 birth board, but left after I miscarried. I realized your comments were just about the only thing I missed, so I'm glad you have a blog. I'm so happy to see that your twins are doing well. I hope your clot resolves sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow your video brought tears to my eyes. so magical to watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.