My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Monday, December 5, 2011

I think we're all still here

Fun, fun weekend.  The bleeding started, and it stopped.  I sighed in relief, so it started again.  It now appears to have stopped again.

It wasn't fun, but it wasn't the worst it's been either.  I was expecting a whole lot more.  I guess I must have absorbed a portion of it before it actually bled.

But as far as I can tell, everything should be fine.  I'm having some stretching discomforts in the very bottom of the belly and some constant pressure on my bladder so I always feel like I just finished a gallon of water, even when my bladder is empty.  It's really uncomfortable, but I'll take it.  If things are stretching, that can only mean that things are growing and need the extra room.  Things don't grow if they aren't ok anymore so I'm taking this as a sign that everyone still has a heartbeat and everyone is getting bigger.

Symptoms at 8w4d

  • Always feel like I've drunk too much water.  And like the weight of the fluid is pulling my abdomen down.
  • Minor stretching pains throughout the abdomen.  Pain is almost too strong a word.
  • Feeding has officially moved to the a few bites at a time, a lot of times throughout the day pattern.  I've told K to just cook dinner for himself and expect me to eat a few bites of his rather than have him cook for 2.
  • Still don't feel like I'm sleeping soundly.  But I'm sleeping more than usual.
  • Lots of dreaming.
  • I'm loving satsuma oranges.  I usually hate oranges.  But those are sweet and don't have seeds and I want more.  I think it's the citric acid that I'm finding so appealing.
  • I'm constantly going to the bathroom but I'm not sure if it counts.  I'm doing it more to wipe and see if there's anything there that shouldn't be there rather than to pee.  I've stopped flushing the toilet unless there's a significant reason to do so.  It was getting ridiculous flushing the toilet for 3 drops of urine and a piece of toilet paper all day.
  • My nose is full.  And I'm waking up with a really full yet dry nose which kind of makes for a sore throat until I get up and hydrated again.
Symptoms that have faded
  • Don't seem to be dealing with nausea much anymore.
  • Those major pulling twinges in the very first weeks are pretty much gone.
  • I have a little more brain power than I did those first couple of weeks, but I wouldn't say it's all back.
  • Boobs are generally fine and normal for me at the moment.

So that's where I am right now.  I'm hoping to steal an ultrasound picture from them on Wednesday.  Apparently they don't give them out anymore, but if I bring in a flash drive, they might transfer some over.  My doctor said they don't normally do that but with everything I've been dealing with, I've kind of earned it.  But it will be a different doctor on Wednesday than usual at the clinic so we'll see if this doctor agrees.  If not, I have my first OB appointment the following week and I've requested another ultrasound, ya know, cuz of the bleeding, so hopefully I'll get one from them.

As much as I'd like to say I'm done with the bleeding, I think it's reasonable to assume it's going to happen again.  It's been happening every 3-5 days for the last 3 weeks so I think I have to assume that this is going to be a fairly regular thing for the time being.  

7 comments:

  1. Good news, Alex! Glad the bleeding has slowed and you're able to eat and everything. The orange craving thing is interesting...I just told DH last night that I craved them in the week before our loss, and then learned afterward that Vitamin C (+ Vit. E) are sometimes used as supplements to strengthen the amniotic sac. Guess who will be taking both next time. :)

    And for the record, your clinic sounds like a royal PITA. My RE gives us photos every two weeks (b/c u/s every 2 weeks) during the first 11 weeks. I don't know if he'd continue that past that point...he continues with twin u/s every 2 weeks throughout the rest of the pg. I'm going to be asking him for a DVD, though, when we do get pg again so we'll have that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good! I'm glad you're posting these kind of things regularly, because too long a gap would worry me. I hope you get your pictures! You've earned them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad to hear the bleeding had stop! Totally jealous about the no nausea! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog on baby center - I'm doing IVF as well! 8 weeks pregnant with twinners :) This is my first time doing IVF and so far I've esperienced a lot of spotting too... definitely not fun! I hope you get to have an u/s!!! It's very comforting to see those little beans after you have bleeding. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good god you're going through the ringer. having never got that far, i have no words of wisdom. only support. keep doing (nothing) like you're doing! if that keeps the bleeding away, it's worth it. my thoughts are with you. here's to hoping you get through this stage and just can attribute it to your kids starting early with the scares they're going to bring you throughout their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that isn't all bad for news! Hope to see the photos soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking about you. Glad to hear it stopped. Hang in there. Can't wait to see a pic. Keep growing little ones!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.