It wasn't fun, but it wasn't the worst it's been either. I was expecting a whole lot more. I guess I must have absorbed a portion of it before it actually bled.
But as far as I can tell, everything should be fine. I'm having some stretching discomforts in the very bottom of the belly and some constant pressure on my bladder so I always feel like I just finished a gallon of water, even when my bladder is empty. It's really uncomfortable, but I'll take it. If things are stretching, that can only mean that things are growing and need the extra room. Things don't grow if they aren't ok anymore so I'm taking this as a sign that everyone still has a heartbeat and everyone is getting bigger.
Symptoms at 8w4d
- Always feel like I've drunk too much water. And like the weight of the fluid is pulling my abdomen down.
- Minor stretching pains throughout the abdomen. Pain is almost too strong a word.
- Feeding has officially moved to the a few bites at a time, a lot of times throughout the day pattern. I've told K to just cook dinner for himself and expect me to eat a few bites of his rather than have him cook for 2.
- Still don't feel like I'm sleeping soundly. But I'm sleeping more than usual.
- Lots of dreaming.
- I'm loving satsuma oranges. I usually hate oranges. But those are sweet and don't have seeds and I want more. I think it's the citric acid that I'm finding so appealing.
- I'm constantly going to the bathroom but I'm not sure if it counts. I'm doing it more to wipe and see if there's anything there that shouldn't be there rather than to pee. I've stopped flushing the toilet unless there's a significant reason to do so. It was getting ridiculous flushing the toilet for 3 drops of urine and a piece of toilet paper all day.
- My nose is full. And I'm waking up with a really full yet dry nose which kind of makes for a sore throat until I get up and hydrated again.
Symptoms that have faded
- Don't seem to be dealing with nausea much anymore.
- Those major pulling twinges in the very first weeks are pretty much gone.
- I have a little more brain power than I did those first couple of weeks, but I wouldn't say it's all back.
- Boobs are generally fine and normal for me at the moment.
So that's where I am right now. I'm hoping to steal an ultrasound picture from them on Wednesday. Apparently they don't give them out anymore, but if I bring in a flash drive, they might transfer some over. My doctor said they don't normally do that but with everything I've been dealing with, I've kind of earned it. But it will be a different doctor on Wednesday than usual at the clinic so we'll see if this doctor agrees. If not, I have my first OB appointment the following week and I've requested another ultrasound, ya know, cuz of the bleeding, so hopefully I'll get one from them.
As much as I'd like to say I'm done with the bleeding, I think it's reasonable to assume it's going to happen again. It's been happening every 3-5 days for the last 3 weeks so I think I have to assume that this is going to be a fairly regular thing for the time being.