My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Bloody Monday

Well, that was fun.  Several days of not wearing a pad and just being relatively happily pregnant.  Yup, sure did enjoy that.

Bloody wipe this morning.  That's the bad news.  The good news is that it was primarily brown and after cleaning up whatever had pooled during the night, so far it seems to have stopped again.  If this is all there is to this one, it will be the least severe of my bleeds (well, except the first one which was practically nothing).  But I've only been out of bed for 2 hours so it's likely there's a few more waves of blood before this is over.

I had a video job today.  Yup, I'm pretty sure these little suckers are kicking out blood right before I have to leave for video jobs on purpose.  Last time, I cancelled.  This time, I decided to go ahead and go.  The blood was pretty much over, and I'd only be out of the house for 2 hours at most, and I really don't want my rep with the company to start sinking because I keep cancelling due to "medical emergencies" right when I'm supposed to be headed out the door.  I had my video gear in hand, exited the house, came back in to let K know that I would give the cat her medication when I got back and my phone starts ringing.  It's the client.  Her assistant tells me that she's had a family emergency and needs to reschedule the video shoot.  Woot!  I get a small cancellation fee, and I get to sit home and wipe my crotch all day looking for changes to freak out about!

Called my OB's office.  My first appointment there is on Wednesday but I called and reported bleeding and asked if I could come in this afternoon.  I'm still waiting for a call back. I doubt I'll get in before my scheduled appointment.

I can't believe I'm still less than 10 weeks along.  Every day is just taking so freaking long!  The days aren't adding up together fast enough!  It feels like I've been pregnant and terrified for months now and yet I'm still in the "anything can happen at any moment" first trimester.

Screw this.  I'm going to get some decaf Starbucks and go back to bed.

4 comments:

  1. Dang it. It's so unfair that after a traumatic first pregnancy, this one has to be traumatic, too. I think you deserve a major, major break. Come on, bleeding, knock it off already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAarg! Crap! Well at least you got out of the video shoot, that's good.

    This does seem to be taking forever! My first 'real' OB appointment is tomorrow. It is an hour long meeting with a nurse. I hope that there is some actual looking at the fetus and making sure it's still alive stuff going on in that hour. It definitely feels like the first trimester should be over by now, but I'm still 4+ weeks away. *sigh*

    Keep us posted on the bleeding thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are resting as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I get a small cancellation fee, and I get to sit home and wipe my crotch all day looking for changes to freak out about!"

    The way you put that kinda made me laugh cuz I can totally picture myself like that. Glad you can just rest. I think about you and the little ones a lot and I hate that this is so stressful.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.