My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Needle count and weight management

Just for shits and giggles, I'm gonna keep track of every needle that enters my body for this IVF attempt!  I'm doing acupuncture this round and that's going to drastically increase my needle count, so I'm counting those separately.  Keep track with me in the chart on the right.

We're currently not sure what to do with my weight.  My doctor has been battling behind the scenes and has succeeded in changing policy so that fat girls can do egg retrievals.  And continuing with the theme of my horrible timing, this man was telling me 9 days ago that if my BMI is above 40, we can't do an egg retrieval at all.  So policy is literally being determined and written at the exact moments that I'm walking through those policies.

At my blood draw/ultrasound today, they did my vitals as well.  My weight today - 241.2 and they still think I'm 5'5".  I've lost 6.2lbs in the last 9 days.  Yay me!  At 5'5", my weight needs to be no higher than 240.5 in order to register as a BMI of 40.  So when my nurse walked in and says "You did it!" I'm asking her "what did I do?"  They recorded my BMI at 40 so I think a technician fudged a number on my behalf.  Not complaining.

But here's the thing.  They still don't have the policy written that determines at what point in the process your BMI is to be recorded.  Is it the first day of BCP?  Is it at suppression check?  They don't know yet.  They hope to have an answer for me by Friday, but like I said, my timing is just brilliant.

SOOOOOO, if they decide that it's the first day of BCP, I'm golden!  I did it, they put that number on the record for me, pass the nachos and let's do this!  But if they decide that it's at suppression check, then I need to continue the diet for another 2 weeks to make sure no ounces pack themselves back onto my frame.  I'd probably want to lose another 2lbs just to be on the safe side.

I have no idea what to do about dinner tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on meeting goal weight-i think?!?! I hope?! And for being able to get the show on the road a whole month earlier!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.