My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Living on a stopwatch

Time really moves differently now that I'm a mom.  I'm a mom.  Sheesh that still sounds like a weird claim for me to make!

Time absolutely flies now.  Everything is according to various stop watches built in to the tracking app on my phone, Baby ESP.

A baby will cry and I'll think "I have no idea what you want because I just fed you."  Then I look at the app and see that over 2 hours have gone by since they finished their last bottle.  Really?  It's been 2 hours already?  How long do I have to go to the store before it's time to pump again?  I've already lost a full hour and a half of my 4 hour break?  But all I can remember doing since then is going to the bathroom, where did the other hour and 25 minutes go?

What do you mean it's after 5pm and offices are closed?  Another day has flown by and I didn't make the phone calls I needed to make!

When the girls go to bed at night, I feel like it's a race to get myself in bed and asleep.  15 minutes goes by while brushing the teeth or taking my vitamins and I know that my chance to get a solid chunk of sleep is slipping away minute by minute.

Time dragged unbearably slowly while trying to get and while being pregnant, and now it's just flying out from under me.  That's why it's now so easy to go a week or two between blog posts.  It just doesn't seem like it's been very long.

3 comments:

  1. Um yep I can definitely agree with that! I went back to work for the first time in 10 weeks today and I broke down and cried tonight when I got home because the night just flew by and I felt like I never got to see him all day before I was putting him into bed. I used to stay up all hours of the night thinking we'd never have kids and now I'd give anything to sleep in tomorrow and spend the morning in bed with my boy watching the Today show. Going back to work sucks some major a$$!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, yes! I think time flies like that for birthdays too, just not quite as fast as the infant days. It feels like not that long ago mine were tiny and now they're 11 and 4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understandable. You have a major distraction and time suck right now with the babies. Its a good time suck though. Thankfully they grow quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.