My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Monday, October 18, 2010

I can eat brie!

We went to get a few things at the grocery store and the hubby was teasing me about how I can't eat soft cheese anymore.  I really like brie and goat cheese.

And I start looking at the labels and realize that most of the say the cheese is pasteurized.  That means I can eat it!  But I'm not going to risk it based on my own ignorant label reading.

And then, like a grocery store commercial, a cheese expert appears.  Seriously!  You know those commercials where the friendly produce guy is teaching the smiling couple how to choose a melon or something?  And you think to yourself "oh please, the only produce guy I've ever seen was a teenager spraying down the broccoli who makes it clear that he has no desire to speak to anybody".  I think that too but here was a smiling employee with Cheese Department on her name tag just about to restock some cheese and she wants to chat!

For about 5 minutes we clarify which soft cheeses are safe, how to keep them fresh the longest, how to tell when it's time to throw it out, etc etc etc.

And now I have a big wedge of brie in my fridge just waiting to partner with some big fat grapes after dinner tonight.  YAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.