My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

How far along am I?

One of the questions I had about all of this was how far along was I?  I know that makes no sense considering I knew the date and time of both fertilization and the date and time that the embryos were in my uterus.

But when doing research online, all of the pregnancy calendars actually start about 2 or 3 weeks prior to the actual conception.  Week 1 starts at the end of your previous period.  And they guess that the actual conception is during week 2 or 3.  So where did that put me?

When the nurse called to schedule my 6 week check-up, we got that all figured out.  My check up was going to be about 3 and a half weeks after the transfer or just over 4 weeks after the egg was fertilized and the embryo was created.

So, medically, I'm currently 9 weeks and 2 days pregnant.  Yet I've only had actual embryos in my body for 6 weeks and 4 days.

I post this in case anyone else has that same question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.