My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Oh Aunt Flo, you have not been missed

So I'm having my first non medically induced period in.....ever?   It's been at least a few years.  Cramps, headaches, a need for copious amounts of brownies, and just that ooey gooey feeling.

Had a talk with K today about the possibility of having another baby.  Since my body appears to be doing normal womanly things at the moment, my interest in the topic is aroused.  When we've chatted about it over the last year, I've been leaning towards yes and K has been leaning towards no.  Turns out he's not really apprehensive about the idea of having another baby, it's the IVF that he doesn't want to go through again.  Can't say that I blame him.

I asked him what he thought of me getting some ovulation indicator sticks and maybe trying naturally for the next 2 years.  We've certainly heard the story a million times of the infertile who can suddenly get pregnant easily after their first completed pregnancy.  I'm rather curious if I might become one of those stories.  Highly unlikely considering the infertility problem wasn't just me.  K is on board with trying with the el cheapo ovulation detectors and lots of sex.

We're 99% sure that we won't get pregnant without IVF, but it wouldn't hurt to spend the next two years giving that 1% margin of error as much chance as possible to prove us wrong.  When I turn 40 and the girls turn 3, we'll decide if it's something we really want and break those frozen embryos out of storage, or if our family is complete and we can let them go.

In the mean time, will someone please pass me a pan of brownies?  This naturally hormonal woman thing really sucks when you're not used to it.

2 comments:

  1. YOU CAN'T HAVE MY BROWNIES.

    ....

    I also am not really used to getting a period on my own and have no idea how to recognize the signs. Two days before mine showed up last week I had a complete meltdown and my husband had to come home early from work because I couldn't stop crying and shouting at the babies. And eating everything chocolate in sight. I actually wrote "if it doesn't have chocolate in it, on it, or with it, then I'm not eating it." How was that not a sign? But when you never usually get your period, how do you know???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not letting you near my brownies either. I'll be needing to make some in a few days.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.