My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Wanting to empty

Well, 21w3d and I'm still very pregnant.  And getting more pregnant every day.

I'm officially waddling.  I'm making grandpa noises when I get up off the couch.  I'm huffing and puffing when I do anything even remotely active.

I think the nesting is starting to set in.  Everywhere I look, I see little chores that need to be done.  And I'm starting to think about what stuff we're going to need to get, at which point I get overwhelmed with how much I don't know about what babies need, and so I procrastinate on thinking about that for a while more.

And I'm not sure, but I think a baby kicked me awake this morning.  I'm still not really feeling definite baby movements, but as I woke up this morning, I thought I felt some thumping on my lower left.  When we played with the doppler tonight, K was trying to find the first baby and I thought I felt some movement so I pointed and said "try right there".  Sure enough, that's where it was!

Most of all though, my body just wants to empty out.  I constantly feel like I have just drunk a gallon of water and it's just sitting in there, sloshing around, dragging my torso down, mixing with gas, and body interprets that as "go to the bathroom" in an attempt to feel better.  But obviously what I'm full of is nothing that can be relieved by a bathroom break, though I'm certainly taking more than my fair share.

Big triumph for me - I ordered some maternity clothes.  While my usual wardrobe fits at the moment, I'm unbuttoning a lot and the maternity pants that I have yet to grow into are a size 24.  I was a size 18-20 when I got pregnant this time.  Yes, I'll be able to get my body into those pants, but odds are they won't fit right because my starting size was smaller so the weight distribution is different from the design of those pants.  So I ordered 2 pairs of maternity pants and a couple of maternity tops in what I think my size was when I started this pregnancy.  It feels so wrong to spend money on something for me, that I'll only need temporarily, when I could probably make due with what I already have, but....*sigh*...I think it needed to be done.

4 comments:

  1. Alex I'm so happy to hear that you're not only waddling, but huff like a grandpa getting off the couch.

    This is music to my ears. You are making two babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I always huff and puff like a grandpa when trying to get up; bad back and asthma. New clothes are nice to have occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel more movement soon! Glad you got some maternity clothes. You will probably be so much more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you deserve new pants! I got 2 pair of new ones and they are soooo comfy! Much better than unbuttoning ;-) I'm expecting twins after ivf too and I think after all the needles we deserve it! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.