My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Viability!

24 weeks and one day, ladies and gentlemen, we have reached viability!

*applause*   *applause*  *applause*

K got to feel a baby kick the other night.  Movements still aren't consistent, but there was some squirming going on while we were watching tv so I had him stick his hand in my waistband and wait.  It took a couple of minutes, but he got a good swift kick!

That was it guys.  The last piece of the puzzle that would allow us finally accept that we are going to have babies.

We are now registering for stuff, accepting hand-me-downs, and doing a few little nesting things.  We are now planning instead of hoping (but the fingers are still crossed).

Symptom breakdown -

  • Heartburn is pretty much gone since I started taking prilosec.
  • I'm getting about 2 baby squirming sessions each day.  One of them is usually while sitting up reading before lying down to go to bed.  They are more squirmy than kicky.
  • Even my jammie pants are threatening to get a little tight.
  • So far my urine is pretty much staying in place.  I don't have nearly the incontinence issues I had last time. Sometimes a really impressive sneeze will let out a small leak, but it's not a daily thing.
  • Hands are randomly swelling so I've taken off my wedding band and am wearing a cheapo band a half size larger.
  • My bladder always feels full and sore.  I don't think it's actually full, but since the only means I have of adjusting its position is to pee, I keep attempting that to relieve the discomfort a bit.
  • My sleep doesn't seem solid and deep so I end up needing a lot more of it.  I wake up every time I need to shift positions.
  • I'm hungry all the time and yet completely sick of food.
That's about it for now!

9 comments:

  1. congradulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! this is a huge milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of you Thursday...this is a huge achievement and must be a relief! Next up, you'll have to share what all you're registering for, now that you can. I know last time I had a list of stuff I was researching and had decided on a couple of things, but we didn't make it to the point of registering. Glad K got to feel a kick, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy viability!!!

    -Nynea

    ReplyDelete
  5. so excited for you alex! yes please share what you're registering for and what you feel is a waste of money. I'd love to hear from someone who will give her honest opinion about all those baby gadgets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Now time for the celebratory hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Yay Yay! Congratulations!!! I am so happy to hear you planning and registering and nesting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.