My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Daddies girls

I knew it would happen eventually, but I wasn't expecting it to happen quite so soon.  Already, the girls like daddy best.

Yesterday, after straining for a BM, I had a bit of brown discharge.  Nothing to freak out about of course, but you know me, any change is something to worry about.  So I pulled out the doppler to check on everyone.  That's why we bought it!  So I don't get the opportunity to get scared.

One is usually very easy to find.  She's usually right up front, you touch the wand to the belly and you can hear her nice and strong.  But she didn't want to be found!  It took several minutes of hunting around to find that first heartbeat.  And while it was fast, it was a bit quiet.  I'm used to quiet from the second one because she tends to be buried, but not the first one.  It took several more minutes to find the second one.

When K got home from work several hours later, I asked him to do doppler because I wanted to check again.  And he barely touches my tummy with the wand and bathunkity bathunkity bathunkity!  He moves it to the spot we usually go to in order to start the search for the second one and bathunkity bathunkity bathunkity!

So here I am, trying to convince him of how hard they were to find a few hours ago and he's like "yeah, right" and grinning like a mad man.

"Oh you're just loving this aren't you?"
"Well, I'm not hating it!"

Yes, our little girls hearts go pitter patter when Daddy gets home.  Hurumpf.

And K actually spoke to my belly for the first time last night.  We had Tosh.O on tv so there was some video of some idiot doing something stupid.  So he leans over my belly and says the phrase we intend to raise our teenagers with - "Don't be stupid!"

We're gonna be awesome parents.

2 comments:

  1. This just put a huge smile on my face! I love hearing things like this. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your husband is the one they are already showing their best for. Lets drive mom insane! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.