My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

We have a cold

Lucky us, sharing everything as a married couple.

On Monday, I was taking some samples to my potential employer (it looks like I'll be getting the pottery job btw, yay!) and while I was watching her on the wheel, I just suddenly had that moment when you realize illness has officially hit you.

And I've been sick ever since.  Still able to function, but really not happy about it.

Using up tissue by the boatload, sinuses are sore, coughing, hungry but nothing is very appealing.  Just bleck.

On the FET front, I have my suppression check tomorrow.  Kind of my first check-in of this process.  I'm both afraid of and anticipating being told that something is kaflooy and we have to stop this attempt.

Really, I'd prefer to be doing a fresh attempt right now.  If the frozen attempt works, we'll only have 1 embryo left to try to get a second child a few years down the road.  But if it doesn't work, we'll still have that one in the bank and can move on to a fresh attempt this summer.  A fresh attempt should yield at least one child (assuming it's not twins again) as well as some extra embryos while I'm still somewhat young to attempt to get a second child with later.

So whichever way this goes, I think I'll be ok with it.  I reserve the right to take that back and be totally upset later if that's what hits me.


Ugh, I really wanna feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.