My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Feeling useless at the moment

I had surgery on my ankle on Monday.  Yesterday, I felt fine.  I could walk on it with no problem and hardly felt a thing.  I was at about 90% capacity.

Then the numbing stuff wore off by this morning and I'm hobbling around.  It sucks.  The pain meds completely wipe me out and make me sick so I ended up taking a long nap this afternoon.  Will probably end up with insomnia tonight since I slept so much this afternoon.  I couldn't even sit on the floor with the girls to help entertain them because Middie Biddie kept leaning right on my ankle to help pick herself up to standing.

The doctors said that by day 3 I would be fine being home with them alone but wow am I glad K got a couple extra days off because there's no way I'd be ready to be responsible for them by tomorrow.

This sucks.

Does anyone play My Singing Monsters?  I need some friends on that game.  Add me if you are.  My number is 5690994HE.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! I'm so sorry you're feeling the pain. Sending prayers that tonight brings you a good night's sleep and that tomorrow you're feeling a great deal better!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.