My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

A night of weird sleep

I didn't sleep so well last night.  I actually haven't been sleeping well for a while, but I go through periods of rough sleep from time to time so I'm used to it.  But K is also complaining of not sleeping well.  He's waking up still really tired.

He had to be at work early this morning so I asked him to wake me up when he left to make sure I would be awake enough to hear when the girls woke up.  If I'm in a deep sleep, sometimes it's hard to wake me and I don't want them to have to get upset for me to know they're awake.  He woke me up while getting ready for work and in our two or three sentence exchange, let's me know that he's been awake since 4:30am.  That's really odd for him.  Usually once he's asleep (and he goes to sleep really quickly), he's firmly asleep until morning.

Then when the girls woke up, they didn't really get going today.  I got their breakfast ready and I think if I hadn't gotten them up, they would have gone back to sleep until pretty late.  After about 90 minutes of half awake playing, they made it pretty clear that they needed to go back to bed and stayed asleep for 2 solid hours.  That's not completely uncommon, when they have a one nap day, it can sometimes be a little over 2 hours, but that's usually if they've stayed up until afternoon, not usually when they go down for a nap at 10:30am.  Even when they woke up, they didn't actually get up.  They just kind of sat there, chilling for a bit, and then finally started chatting with each other for about a half hour.  Usually they want up pretty quickly after waking up.

So I'm not sure what's up.  The whole house just seems to have not slept well last night.

1 comment:

  1. Well, if it's going to be one person in the household not sleeping well, best that it's everyone in the same boat? I hope they get a good afternoon nap in too and you as well!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.