My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Snuggle moment

I just want a record of my favorite parenting moment so far.

My girls aren't very cuddly.  I wish they were more into snuggling, but they aren't real big on hugs (so far) and when they're being held, they want to look around rather than cuddle in close.

Today we had trouble getting the girls down for a nap.  After watching them struggle against falling asleep for a while, enough time had passed that they were likely hungry and once hunger sets in while you're already fighting sleep, well we figured they needed to eat before sleep would become possible.  So we went into the nursery with snacks and we each held one while they ate.

I had Teeny Tiny.  After her bottle (and Middie Biddies bottle because she seems to be on a milk strike so she ended up with a pouch of puree instead), I was rocking with her and she was being very giggly.  With a newly filled tummy and being held instead of being in the crib, she was just thrilled to pieces.

She kept looking at my face, giggling, and then aggressively snuggling by pressing her head into my chest.  In the past, this action was more of a baby fighting sleep, losing the battle and slowly laying her head down, then realizing she was falling asleep and jerking back up.  This time, she wasn't being drowsy, she wasn't accidentally snuggling because she was too sleepy not to, she was actively giving me hugs.

Today was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. My husband was surprised to learn that not all kids like to be snuggled. But then again my husband hasn't been around all that many babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait until they pat your back. You will melt. I guarantee it! Definitely one of my favorite things about being a parent. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.