My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

How did I do?

We're coming up on the end of 2014 and I think it's time to look at what I resolved to do this year and see how I did.  Let's go down the list.

1)  Spend less time on the computer

Um, oops.  This didn't happen.

2)  Take the baby gates down

We opened up the house a whole lot more this year.  We have a few specific areas still blocked off.  One is because K has a project set up that requires hands off, one is because that's where the Christmas tree is going to go (eventually) and then the diaper changing area.  Two of those areas will be open immediately after Christmas and as soon as the drawer locks I ordered arrive and we get them installed on the dresser and the diaper pail, that gate will come down.  So I think once Christmas is over, the only space the girls won't have free access to will be the kitchen.  We got a learning tower so we will be able to bring them in there to "help" from time to time while still keeping them away from the stove and such.  I'm going to call this one accomplished.

3)  Get the girls out of the house

Well, I said once a week, and I'm pretty sure we've accomplished that.  They love the play area/daycare at the grocery store so they are at least getting there once a week even if we don't manage to get elsewhere.  So, yes, once a week, but I think we need to make next years goal 2-3 times a week.

4)  Teach rather than do

Still not very good at this one.  Better than I was a year ago, but still need improvement.

5) and 6) Work harder at pottery / do craft fairs 

This was in fits and spurts this year.  But I did get some good things accomplished.  I set up an Etsy shop, got a wholesale order, and did a craft fair.

7)  Get a part time job before next Christmas

Mission accomplished!  I started a new part time job about 3 months ago that is flexible and works around my husbands schedule.  We are currently figuring out some work from home tasks so I can get a few more hours a week.

8) Spend an hour improving the house every day

I'm going to say I did that about every other day.

9) Spend more time with K 

Still working on this.  We just put in a renewed effort to put down our phones when we're together.  Unfortunately, it's still an effort.

10) Put a book together

Nope.  Didn't happen.  Didn't even begin to happen.

All in all, I think I did pretty good!  The fact that some of these resolutions are still on my mind and I'm still making an effort a year later, I think that's a win.  More to work on obviously, but New Years is coming and we'll see what we can do to get even better.

1 comment:

  1. I think you did AWESOME! That was a lot of resolutions, and you really hit the vast majority of them! Way to go! *Enthusiastic High Five!*

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.