My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Big day for Middie Biddie

Middie Biddie has been horribly cranky the last few weeks, but I think something finally clicked in the last 24 hours.  Today she was in a much better mood.  Happy to be crawling around playing with toys, not nearly as clingy as she has been, and giggling up a storm when lying across my lap and hanging her head upside down over my leg.  What's up with that?  She's totally into hanging upside down.  Weirdo.  She's so my kid.

She reached two milestones today!  Not only did she manage to stand on her own for a few seconds, but she finally clapped her hands too!




It's funny to watch how differently the girls approach learning new skills.  Teeny Tiny works on them for months, slowly progressing a little bit every day and constantly on the verge of doing it.  On the other hand, Middie Biddie just hangs out where she is developmentally and then suddenly one day she does it!

Teeny Tiny has been threatening to walk for about a month.  But it was only a couple of days ago that she stood on her own for a few seconds.  In fact, Monday to be precise (my parents had just arrived to babysit and I was calling out "Look!  Look!").  Middie Biddie only recently started pulling up and cruising this last week and she's zooming through the stages on her way to walking at light speed.

While today was Middie Biddies big day, Teeny Tiny had to do something to make sure she got a blog mention.  While rocking and singing tonight, I would whisper in her ear "Mama give you kisses" and she would shove her cheek to my mouth, receive her kisses and then giggle.  This repeated itself for a while and *sigh* it was awesome.  She also learned that if you put a ball on the track, it will roll down through all the spirals.

Everybody learned something!

PS - I've got a phone interview for that pottery job I applied to on Monday.  Wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. Learning is Fun! Good luck with your interview...I'm sure you'll do just fine ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness the kisses game sounds sweet! <3 And hand clapping - that is so cuuute! I am loving where Seedling is at, but I read stuff like this and I'm excited for where she is headed :)

    Good luck with the interview! You can dooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should play "eye of the tiger" or some other pump-your-self-up cheesy song on your way to the interview. No joke- it always helped me!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.