My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Sweet and sour and randomness

Something so sweet happened yesterday that I nearly went into a diabetic coma.

I was lying on the floor tending to Middie Biddies latest crisis (still not crawling and now teething again so she's doing a lot of whining and freaking out instead of playing) and Teeny Tiny pulled my hair to get me to look her direction.  Then she firmly placed one hand on my forehead, one on my chin, and pressed her cheek to my mouth.  Since K and I kiss our kids on the cheeks and not the lips, this was her interpretation of giving me a kiss!!!  The cuteness is just too much!!!

And for the sour.

Found a lovely puddle of water emanating from my washing machine today.  The washer and dryer were here when we moved in 8 years ago so I figured those would be the next things to break down and need to be replaced.  I'm not sure I can do anymore laundry until we get those replaced.  Do I go ahead and run a load or two and just keep towels at the ready or do I cease all use of those machines?

Random notes to my children -

  • Yes Middie Biddie, your finger does fit perfectly up my nose.  Let's declare that experiment a success and cease all further testing, ok?
  • You're allowed to pet the cat nicely even when I'm not holding your hand and doing it for you.  Just because you managed to reach the very patient kitty without me does not mean you must grab her fur and pull.
  • Teeny Tiny, when your sister finally learns to become mobile, she's going to pay you back for all the times you're now crawling over her and trying to sit on her back.  It would be wise to stop doing that.
  • Food does not change it's flavor as it exits my plate and enters yours.  I promise, just because it's on your plate, that does not mean it's now disgusting.
  • Teeny Tiny - your foot belongs inside the jammies, not sticking out between snaps.
  • My nipples are not appropriate handles for pulling yourself up or steadying yourself when bouncing on my knee.  If you keep pulling at them like that, I'm pretty sure they'll come off.
  • Your crib does not become lava at night time.  I swear, it's the same crib you napped in very happily during the day.
  • The litterbox is not filled with tasty chocolate treats.  I'm getting tempted to let you learn that the hard way.
  • 50 million toys scattered on the floor and you insist on playing with the cable outlet?  Well allrighty than, whatever floats your boat.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for a good chuckle. I have a similar list forming in my head now too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should write a book. I love your style writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!

    I remember this age. My less mobile twin would put her sister in a mean headlock when she caught up with her.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.