My Story

The chronicle of the journey from infertility, to miscarriage, to finally raising twin girls born in June 2012.

Saturday, May 2, 2015

The Story's End

Yesterday I celebrated 10 years of marriage.  Today, I turned 40 years old.

Folks, I think the story I was telling is over.  It's been over for quite a while, I just kept randomly trying to extend it for some unknown reason.  But everything in my life right now is about leaving behind what was, taking the best of it with me, and starting anew.  We have lost or are losing our feline friends of 10+ years, the preliminary demolition has begun on our house, I've sold my cameras and closed my videography business, and the girls will turn 3 next month leaving their babyhoods in the dust.

I'm no longer the scared preggo, the mourning miscarriage mama, the hopeless infertile, or the overwhelmed new twin mom that's been telling this story for the last 4 1/2  years.  Today, I'm a woman turning 40, with her husband and children, ready to talk about the funny tidbits of the average life (as average as twins can be) and stop wallowing in the difficulties it took to get here.  Everything I ever needed was at my table sharing my birthday cake this evening and just about everything I ever wanted is in the works to become a reality.

If anyone is interested in keeping up with the new me, hopefully the much happier, much more entertaining me, I'll be starting a new blog called The Mug Makin Mama.  There's nothing written yet, but I placed a picture of the girls there so you'll recognize that it's me when you bookmark it.  That's where I'll be chatting about those things that make twin moms laugh, scream in frustration, and pictures of whatever carnage twins can make of our new house.  I'll be talking about pottery, starting with the rebuild of my studio in the upcoming months, and just life in general.  Very similar to here, but where the lighthearted will be the norm and the thinky thinky posts will be few and far between.

I can't tell you how much this blog has meant to me and how much it's helped me get through some really rough days having all of you sharing your thoughts and words of encouragement with me.  You've been there for me when I cried and it meant so much to me.  I hope to you see you all at The Mug Makin Mama where we can share far more laughter than tears!

So goodbye to my 30's!  Goodbye to mourning!  Goodbye to desperation!  Goodbye to First Time Twins.


And hello to so much more.




7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you'll continue to blog about being a mom of twins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday! Hope the new house thing goes smoothly. Looking forward to reading about it on the new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful way to end this story. Looking forward to your new space, and happy belated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't find the new blog, do u have a link yet? I'm almost 40 too and my twins a couple weeks younger than yours, I had 4 mc before the kids and gave been following your blog for a long time now. Thank you sooooo much for sharing and hope you continue to in the new blog :)
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was fiddling with it today because I started at one address and then decided on another. You may have clicked the link when it wasn't active. There's no content yet, but here's the address for when I get up and running. http://mugmakinmama.wordpress.com/

      Delete

Please share your thoughts! It makes me feel like I have friends.